1/13/2014

Awards Season Fashion Picks

So it is the height of awards season and I thought this year it would be fun to play virtual dress up. I have planned my own outfits for some of the various awards shows...you know if I were ever to attend.
People Choice Awards
This incredible little dress would be my choice for the Peoples choice awards. The short flirty cut mixed with the jeweled neckline make it fancy and fun though less formal than my other picks. I think it is perfect, and you are in luck because this one is for sale on Etsy from AnastasiaSwift for a mere $115!
via
Golden Globes
I think this dress from Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries episode 6 season one would be perfect. It is classy yet slightly edgy with its sheer flesh colored panels, and I love the asymmetric neckline!
via screen captures.
Grammy's
I think for the Grammy's I would go a little edgier, not so traditional . This jumpsuit is just the ticket. I would pair it with some silver and black art deco accessories. The jumpsuit is available on Etsy $34 from The belt $100 available online from link below.
Belt, Shoes, jumpsuit

Screen Actors Guild
This beautiful 1930's McAvoy of Chicago dress in green silk velvet screams classic Hollywood glamor to me which is perfect for the Screen Actors Guild Awards. (Plus it is my favorite color!)

via
Academy Awards
This amazing dress I have posted about before I would wear it to the Oscars for sure! I am utterly in love with this Madeleine Vionnet dress from 1938.
via

What would your picks be? If you have a post highlighting your awards season style send me the link, I would love to check it out!
Vintage Fashion, Vintage Inspired Art

6 comments:

  1. what a great idea for a post! I've always played "dress up" in my mind for these ceremonies but never thought to turn it into a post. That dress from 38 is exquisite. I once met a woman actually attending the grammies while vintage shopping... lucky woman!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun to meet someone going to the Grammies, did you see what she bought? I love to play dress up in my head, because I never have anywhere to go that I can wear some of these beautiful pieces! I think dress up is going to be a regular thing around here because I had so much fun with this post!

      Delete
  2. This is a fun post!

    It's kinda cute how each of your chosen dresses could definitely sport a bob hairstyle with them, too (like the ones pictured). I particularly liked the jumpsuit outfit because those shoes would go PERFECT with it...as would the haircut haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been feeling the bob lately! Perhaps it is because I have been watching back to back episodes of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries... I love that jumpsuit look too. It is so elegant yet non traditional. I so love playing dress up I will be doing more posts like this I think!

      Delete
  3. Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries. How could I have possibly missed this show? It is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really fun show and it is available on Netflix. You should check it out. It is like "Murder She Wrote" only set in Australia in the 1920s with a highly fashionable lady detective.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...