12/18/2013

Weekend Cocktail Party


This past weekend we went to visit family and friends in TN. It was a quick yet fun filled long weekend! While we were there some friends threw a cocktail party, so I "had" to take one of my favorites out of the shop... I really did not want to part with this one anyway! I wish we had gotten some better pictures of it but we were too caught up in the festivities to stage any great photos. I guess I will just have to wear it again for an outfit post sometime, hehe. My friend Brynn made some amazing cocktails for the party and among them my favorite was the Rosemary Prosecco, it is the one I am drinking in the first photo. I liked it so much I got the recipe!

Rosemary Prosecco:

1 cup Water
1 cup Sugar
a few fresh sprigs of rosemary
2 bottles Prosecco

Bring to a boil equal parts water and sugar with a few sprigs of fresh rosemary, allow to cool. Add both bottles Prosecco and garnish with fresh Rosemary. Serve chilled over ice.

Jason thought it was a bit too sweet so when I make it I might cut back on the sugar a tiny bit for him. I thought it was delicious as it was though. 
Vintage Fashion, Vintage Inspired Art

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you had a chance to visit old friends. Looks like so much fun! I have rosemary going crazy in my garden. Hmmmm...what shall I do with it? Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had such a blast, I wish we could have stayed a bit longer though! You should definitely try out that drink...so yummy!

      Delete
  2. I wish I could steal that dress from you. It looks amazing on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rita! Did you see the new blog we started? If you want pics of your nieces you will have to look there from now on, link in the tabs at top. Miss you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...