7/03/2013

A bit of fun...

Thanks Retro Gran for the nomination!
 
 


So what exactly is a Liebster Award? Well apparently,
"It's a token of recognition that bloggers award to fellow bloggers who they think deserve more recognition. The terminology "Liebster" roughly translates to "Dearest" from German"







Here are the "rules" if you will:
1. Answer the 11 questions asked by the nominating blogger.
2. Nominate 11 blogs to receive the award who have under 200 followers.
    (Let them know in their comments.)
3. Post 11 new questions for them to answer.
4. Link back to the blogger who nominated you.

*This is meant for fun, please by no means feel obligated to participate if nominated, but it is a fun way to get to know some other bloggers out there with similar interests. If you have done tis before and want to do it again then do or post a link to your previous answers. If you are not interested in participating then no pressure or hard feelings...I look forward to reading your answers if you choose to do this I would love it if you would leave me a comment with a link to your post!

So here are the questions I was asked:

1. What have you learned from blogging?

I have learned that it is ok to be a little self indulgent on occasion!

2. How much time do you spend working on your blog?

That depends on the week, some weeks I spend a lot of time on here, others not so much. It really just depends on what else is going on in my life at the time.

3. What is your guilty pleasure?

There are so many, hmmm, the social media for sure (I have not met many actual people yet here in Portland so I virtually visit my old friends in TN and my other internet acquaintances too) I also love, love, love, vintage shopping though I don't do it as much as I would like. One more guilty pleasure is my evening cocktail after the kids are asleep!

4. Are you punctual or tardy?

I am generally 15-30 min early for everything because I have such anxiety about being late. My husband thinks I am crazy he hates it because we are always the first people to arrive to any given occasion...I even beat the birthday girl to her party on one occasion! Kind of embarrassing, but I can't seem to help it!

5. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

I have never left this country and my list is long, my husband traveled a lot before we were married and I love to listen to his stories. I would really love to go just about anywhere and experience a new culture first hand.

6. What's your favorite book, tv program, and film?



via
Book- I loved "The Count of Monty Christo" and it was my favorite in high school. Now I seem to mostly read kids books though... It has been a while since I read a good book just because I wanted to. I tend to like historical novels though.








via
TV- We are a hulu/Netflix family so I will often watch a series from beginning to end in a few days. Watching TV this way means that I don't often have a favorite for very long. I love comedies like "Arrested Development" and Fantasy shows like "Once Upon a Time" and Period dramas like "Call the Midwife."

 Film- I love Movies! Old ones, new ones, sad ones, bad ones, odd ones, silly ones, pretty much anything but scary ones, I don't like to be scared!

7. If you could throw a dinner party and invite anyone in the world, living or not, who would you invite and why?
I would invite my friends from back home because I miss them so much. (I know that is more than one)
8. Do you have a particular style icon or guru?
via

 I love Audrey Hepburn, she was so graceful and beautiful.  One of my favorite looks of hers are her simple cigarette pants and tops, comfortably, easy, and classy! There are so many vintage beauties though, it is hard to narrow it down.











9. What do you draw inspiration from, magazines, films, blogs or something else?

I read a lot of blogs and I get inspiration from them but mostly I would say I am inspired by vintage street fashions. I love seeing old dresses get new life. I also have a couple of very fashionable friends who inspire me a lot. See My Week With Brynn and Desiree Fors.


10. If you had to live in any other time period besides now, which one would you pick?

I think I am firmly planted in modern times, I would find it hard to live with the reality of yesterday think segregation and women's roles. I would however love to live in my romantic interpretation of the 1940s, great hair, great clothing, and lots of big band swig dancing fun! just leave out that pesky war.

11. What is proudest moment thus far?

Most Definitely the birth of my girls, by far my best achievement!                 
11 questions for my nominees:

1. What are your blogging goals for this year?
2. Who are your biggest influences?
3. What was the first blog you read on a regular basis?
4. How did you get interested in vintage?
5. What are your favorite topics to blog about?
6. What would your dream vintage piece be?
7. What is your current favorite piece in you own closet?
8. If you had to pick one type of vintage item to collect what would it be? (purses, shoes, hats, jewelry...)
9. What do you find most challenging about blogging?
10. What do you enjoy most about it?
11. What is one thing not vintage related that you love?

And my nominees are:

1. Ice Cream, Etc.- This is a brand new blog just started in June 2013, but she already has some great posts about selling vintage, I look forward to seeing what else she has planned for us!
2. A Wild Tea Party- I love this blog for her great hair tutorials, they are quite excellent, I used a couple when my hair was still long. The gal is super cute as well and has an eclectic and fun style.
3. Snow in the Air - This gal is super sweet and lovely. She has excellent taste and I love all of the little pretties she posts form her garden to tutus, very inspirational.
4. Butterflies and Daisys Vintage- This girl is precious! I love her style!! She has a great eye for putting together a complete look.
5. Mid-Century Pink-This girl is super cute and it is fun to read about her transformation to a full time vintage diva, currently she is attempting life as a vintage housewife in a two week experiment and documenting the successes and failures, a fun read for this modern housewife!
6. Dolled-up Desirae- She is a cutie and I love her writing style, very frank and honest, always a fun read.
7. Bunny's Victory- This is one hard working gal! What with keeping up with this blog and her Online magazine see # 8, it is pretty amazing all that she accomplishes!
8. Hey Doll Vintage Magazine- I love what they are doing with this magazine which is hosted by Bunny from Bunny's Victory (See link above) and by Brittany from Va-Voom Vintage. They put a lot of heart and soul into their work here.
9. like johnny and june- This couple is very cute and stylish, and though their blogging is not as frequent as some they are always entertaining.
10. Razzle Dazzle Rose- Lots of style to be had here, she just looks like she has a great time too.
11. Sweetheart of the Rodeo- I don't know if this blog has more than 200 followers or not because I could not find it listed on there, but I just think she is such a doll and has excellent taste so if you have not checked her out yet please do so!




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating!! I really enjoyed reading all of your answers and learning more about you. Audrey is one of my style icons also. Such a classy lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination: here's my answers for you :)

    http://wildteaparty.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/just-little-bit.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for finding my blog via butterflies and daisies. I shall have my post with my answers up soon:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...